Background on Cotton Socks
Globally, 100% cotton is the most popular material for cotton socks. There are many reasons which justifies this preference but is mostly due to its equilibrium between “comfort” and “low cost”. This makes it the most accessible option for socks worldwide.
There are three main cuts: crew sock, knee sock and ankle sock, with black, gray and white are the most common colors. The look of cotton socks can be complimented with any style or color clothing.
Away from appearance, it is important to pay attention to the comfort provides inside and outside the selected shoes. The right fitting of the pair of socks and shoes will avoid problems such as bunion, ingrown toenails and hammer toes.
Cotton can be used for a many occasions which makes it the best candidate as the default option. Here are the advantages that these socks will provide.
- Cotton socks are very inexpensive which plays a big role in its international popularity. It gives the needed comfort and protection without having the high-end technical advantages from high priced socks.
- Although it is very inexpensive, the price of these socks can range from 1$ to 100$, or more. Many details of a pair of sock plays a great factor on the price such as the style, the production cost and the brand.
- Another aspect that influences the price is how environmentally friendly it can be. Cotton is environmentally friendly and is biodegradable. Also for those who are seeking to help the environment a little more, there is now organic 100% cotton socks available for purchase.
- Cotton socks are very comfortable and flexible which makes it a good choice for relaxing at home or the moments that require little to no activity.
- It can come in different styles, colors and pattern this is due to how easy it is to dye. This also makes it easy for any consumer to find exactly what they want in terms of appearance. Cotton socks for more formal attires are available in all colors and are easy to find making it easy to match with the outfit.
- 100% cotton socks are work well without shoes because they absorb moisture from the body which then evaporates from the socks. Podiatrist, would suggest to wear cotton socks when a foot needs healing, either from a fractures or any problems of the sort since it’s the best option to allow the feet to breath.
There are many details to analyze beyond the price and the brand. As mention earlier, considering shoe size are very important to attain the best of whichever benefit is needed. Knowing the best and the worst times to use cotton socks will help with its durability and will maintain its appearance from when it was first purchased. Although cotton very rarely cause any skin reactions, if there is any irritation or foot related issues that might be cause by cotton socks, visit your local Sacramento podiatrist. Else than the skin irritation, the only other inconvenience it may cause is static build up, which can simply become an annoyance.
We would also like to thank a local podiatrist from Sacramento for guidance on this information. You may visit them from the website below:
Valley Foot Doctors